A group of women take a photo together at the LBJ Ranch
Apply to the LBJ Women's Campaign School
Cohort 4 Applications
Join a community of women leaders
As a nonpartisan, issue-neutral program, the LBJ Women's Campaign School focuses on building the skills women need in the political arena, not our partisan differences. If you are a business leader, lawyer, campaign staffer, community advocate, government worker, nonprofit director or activist and you are ready to run or manage a campaign, this program is for you. It doesn't matter if you plan to run for school board or U.S. Senate, manage a race for city council or Congress, we can help you get ready to win!
Successful applicants will have the following characteristics:
- Civic-minded and committed to public service: Uses her voice and her time to lift up those around her, votes, volunteers and has the capacity to lead toward meaningful change.
- Significant, meaningful experience: has demonstrated success in her career or other aspects of her life, is ready to lead.
- Can apply what she learns in the program: has clearly defined goals for running for office or staffing a campaign in the next one to three years (i.e., running or managing a 2024, 2025 or 2026 race).
- Skilled communicator: Inspires those around her through her communication skills, authenticity, and vision.
Who is NOT eligible to apply:
- Candidates who have officially declared that they are running for office by March of 2023 are not eligible to apply. Those who plan to declare their candidacy later in 2023 may apply.
Applications are now closed for our next session, which begins May 11, 2023.